Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: Losing Hope by Collee Hoover

Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover
New Adult Contemporary Romance
Received an ARC from Atria Books through NetGalley
Published July 8, 2013
 
 
I was so excited to get my hands on Losing Hope since it was one of my most anticipated sequels this year. Colleen Hoover is such an amazing writer that invokes such strong feelings in her books. And I was not disappointed with this one.
 
Dean Holder is the voice of Losing Hope. His story is a little rougher on the language and behavior since he is a guy, but I loved his story. We get to hear his side and Colleen did an amazing job at getting us into his head and feeling his emotions. We learn what he has been going through since losing Hope so many years before and then how he battled with losing his sister, Les. One of my favorite parts was reading the journal entries he was writing to his sister in the empty notebook. That probably gave the most insight into what he was going through.
 
A lot of the stuff that happens after he meets Sky was a little repetitive, but since we get to know what is in his head and a little of how he feels about her it makes it seem not so much. It was hard to read about what he was feeling about hoping Sky and Hope were not the same person, because I could just feel how hard this was going to be on him to let her know.
 
Wonderful book written in a male perspective, and I would recommend Colleen's books to 18+ readers. Contains moderate language and bedroom scenes.
 
My Rating: 5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment