Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: This Girl by Colleen Hoover

This Girl by Colleen Hoover
New Adult Contemporary Romance
Published April 30, 2013 by Atria Books
 
 
I received an e-copy from Atria Books through NetGalley for an honest review.
 
 
This is a sequel I was most excited to get my hands on. It was one of my most highly anticipated books of 2013. I read Slammed and Point of Retreat over a year ago, and it was a long wait to finally get ahold of this third and final book. This Girl is in Will Cooper's point of view and it takes place during Will and Lake's honeymoon. We get a little story of honeymoon fun, and we get a big story as Will reminisces about how he fell in love with Layken.
 
Will Cooper will forever be one of my favorite, most loved, book boyfriends. As he told Lake about how he felt and how he realized he loved her, and how he struggled to stay away from her, I fell in love with him even more. It wasn't all happy moments, it was mostly sad, but it was beautiful. I especially loved the slam poetry that was a reminder of what I loved from Slammed, but also a few new ones to love. Will made me angry a little bit more in this one with how he kept breaking Lake's heart before they were dating, but I still love him.
 
I am sad to see this series finished and done with, but I am so happy to own it and be able to visit it often. This Girl is for mature older teens and adults as it has a few more adult themes than its predecessors. They are at a honeymoon after all, but it was kept pretty clean and tasteful. I will forever read everything Colleen Hoover writes!
 
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
Available in ebook now for purchase and paperback preorder for August 13, 2013:
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment