Saturday, June 8, 2013

Review: Taking Back Forever

Taking Back Forever by Karen Amanda Hooper
Publisher: Starry Sky Publishing
Published May 31, 2013

I received this book from Starry Sky Publishing through NetGalley for an honest review.
Description from Goodreads:


Forever is worth the fight.

Maryah erased all memory of her past lives, but she couldn’t erase her soul mate Nathan, or his undying love. Now, Maryah and Nathan have a second chance at a future together, but first Maryah must remember the person she used to be and embrace her supernatural gifts—more than one kindrily member’s life depends on it.

Maryah’s power is Harmony’s best hope of finding her kidnapped soul mate, Gregory. But Harmony isn’t big on asking anyone for help, and she’s tired of waiting, so she’s taking matters into her own hands. Heaven help anyone who stands in her way.
My thoughts:
I loved Taking Back Forever! It was a great follow up to Grasping at Eternity, and maybe even better. The romance stepped up a level, there was some surprising action, and Nathaniel was to die for. Previously I thought he didn't try hard enough to win Maryah, but in this he stepped up his game and was amazing and swoon worthy. Now if we could just have a wedding.
This is told from Maryah and Harmony's point of views. Maryah was frustrating at times with what I felt was not trying hard enough or getting to distracted, but who could blame her when Nathan was such a distraction. My favorite parts had to do with a transversing catastrophe, and a table covered with chocolate.
Harmony I didn't like so much. About 80% of the story I thought she was very selfish and on my nerves. But the last 20% she might have proved herself worthy of liking. I will have to see what happens in the next book to tell.
This was a great sequel with action, plenty of tense romance, and some big reveals about past lives. Recommend to mature YA lovers and adults.
My rating: 5 stars
Purchase at:


No comments:

Post a Comment