Thursday, April 4, 2013

Facebook for Obsessive Readers

So I was comparing what I had read last year to what I have read this year so far, and guess what I found out? I have really slowed down with my reading. And this is totally unacceptable! Haha. Just kidding. Things change in life that don't always allow us to read as much as we would like.

But I don't think busy home life is the problem. The problem is Goodreads. I am addicted to Goodreads. It is like Facebook for the obsessive readers of the world and I am one of them. I update what I am reading, talk about books and chracters, stalk my friends for updates LOL. And before I know it, time has flown by and I have got nothing done. I check back periodically throughout the day for notifications. I mean, what if I miss learning about the best book I will ever read because I was not checking in and browsing??

Okay. So maybe I could cut back a little and do something more productive with my time. Like chase my 3 year old. Thankfully reading is one addiction I do not need a cure for.

Maybe I could use one for caffeine, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment