Monday, March 4, 2013

Don't Panic

Today I have the pleasure of reviewing Don't Panic by Lindsay Paige. I received this ebook from the author for an honest review. You can see the book blurb here.

This is a story about panic attacks and anxiety disorder. Of all the books I have read, I think this was the first for me in this subject matter. It was well written and gave a lot of insight. This story is told by Samantha. After a few different events in her life she finds herself having anxiety and panic attacks in the middle of school, which result in her running from class. On one of her escapes she accidently runs into the boys bathroom, and that is where she first meets Eli. He realizes what is going on with her, and after a few days decides to help her out. He understands what she is going through, and he becomes her anchor of sorts. He would sing to her to bring her back to reality and calm her down, which I loved and found so sweet. Not everything is perfect between them, but soon they find themselves falling for each other. But their are obstacles in their way, and Samantha must learn to trust.

At first I was drawn in this book, but then found myself getting annoyed with Sam. But I understood what was annoying me was from her anxiety, and I read on. About half way I was really drawn into the story, and really enjoying it. I especially loved the romance. Eli had me swooning quite often.  He is Samantha's safe haven. Her ex boyfriend, Chad, comes back into the picture to stir up trouble, and I was so glad for how Sam handled him. I was really worried about the choices she would make concerning him, but she didn't let me down, even though a few times I was unsure.

There was some issues with her dad that were not resolved, and I wish we would have known his side of the story, and if he had a reason for his abandonment. Otherwise it was a great book that teaches you a little more about anxiety, and had romance to go with it for us romantics at heart. I recommend to teens and adults.

Quote: "But I did, Eli. I finally looked at you. You taught me that I have to look at the bright side of things to survive the dark. You taught me that I have to take the good with the bad and just keep rolling. I was just being a hardheaded, independent gal."    loc 94%  on my epub copy

Rating: 4 stars

You can purchase Don't Panic on Amazon here


No comments:

Post a Comment