Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wishing You Were Here

Last night I had the pleasure of staying up late to finish:

Wishing You Were Here
by Catherine Chant
Genre: Time-Travel, Young Adult
I received a copy from the author to review in pdf format.

This book was a delight to read, and drew me in from the beginning, even though a few times I was wondering were the plot was headed. This story starts off in 1956, by introducing us to Joey Tempo. He was the newest singing sensation to hit Memphis, but within twelve months of being discovered, was killed in a plane crash back to the United States from London.

Now, fifty years later in the present, we have Callie. While looking in her grandmother's attic for 50's memorabilia for a theme party, she discovers Joey's first album, and she finds herself being drawn into his tragic story, and wanting to change his fate. While listening to his record she is transported back to 1957 where she thinks she is there to save him from the plane crash, especially since she ends up in the airport bathroom when she arrives.

But after talking Joey out of taking that fatal flight, Callie still cannot find her way back home. She is now sucked into being involved in Joey's life and career. And what she finds is things are not turning out the way she planned and everthing is in chaos. Now the question that remains is: can she find her way back home without altering too much of the future? And can she fix what she has done?

I really enjoyed this story. Callie and Joey were both great characters, and the tension between them made for a little excitement and romance. But I was worried about how the love story would end. Catherine Chant did not let me down! The ending has one great, unexpected twist that I did not see coming at all. It brought everything together and made perfect sense after you read it. And I was able to get my happy ever after.

My rating: 4 stars

You can purchase a copy at:
Amazon paperback and ebook here
Barnes & Noble paperback only here


No comments:

Post a Comment