Monday, March 11, 2013

One Sad Story

I am a scatter brain. If you haven't all figured that out yet:) I have 4 books I am reading at the same time! Yes you read that right. 4. The secret to keeping track of all these stories in my mind...make sure they are all different genres. Sometimes I just get so restless and start a new book in the middle of another one. It is not always because I am not enjoying the book. It is usually because I am looking for something different, like more action, or more romance, or a different subject matter. And then hopefully I get back to finishing all the books I left behind.

That is why today I have decided to highlight a book that made me cry. Except, sometimes I do not remember what books made me cry. And I do not cry at the same things as others. I have learned that from comments on Goodreads from fellow group members about the different books they are reading, and they will say how you need a whole box of tissues etc. etc. and it is one I did not cry from, or maybe required one tissue for that ONE moment. I did not cry for Titanic, or Pearl Harbor, but put on Steel Magnolias, or that volunteering moment in The Hunger Games, and the tears start a flowing. When I pinpoint the cause I will be sure to share. Or not.

So this book that I have chosen today I LOVED. But if I remember right I did not cry. Or I might have, but not much. This is one of the saddest most depressing tragic stories in contemporary romance that you will read. The main character has lost everyone she loves and has gotten close to. As the story is told, and she is trying to resist falling in love again, and letting this new guy into her life, you learn about how she has been left alone. Very sad. But the story is told so well, and it pulled me in, and I could not put it down. Sometimes it seemed over the top with all the loss, and not something that was likely, but I fell in love with it all and want more. And it does end on a happy note. And the book is:

I Love You To Death
by Natalie Ward
 
You can check it out here on Goodreads.
 
This book will not be for everyone, especially if you do not like sad books. But I loved it and cannot wait for the sequel, I Love You, Always.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment