Saturday, March 2, 2013

Falling in Love...

When I have not finished a book to review on here I think I will make up stories to tell you. Except I am sure I am not that funny so...just kidding. That is not going to happen. I can hear you all sighing with relief:)

Today I think I will write about Books That Made Me Fall In Love With Reading. Except that is not going to work either, because I have always loved to read. I cannot pinpoint a specific book that made me want to read more. In elementary school I read a lot of the Sweet Valley Twins books by Francine Pascal. Then in Jr. High I moved on to her Sweet Valley High series. I also enjoyed a little Lurlene McDaniel now and then. But the one book that I can remember loving the most, and I believe I got in 6th grade, is The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi. And even though I have not read this book in ages, I have probably read that book the most out of all my books. As I sit here thinking about it I wonder if I would still enjoy it as much as I did then. And also, why have I not made my 2 oldest kids read this book yet?? Well that would be because whatever mom recommends is taboo to them. They just don't understand that mom KNOWS books:-)

So that is my recommendation to all the young readers out there. Go find yourself a copy of The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle and find a corner to snuggle up in and read away.

No comments:

Post a Comment