Sunday, March 3, 2013

One Moment

Today I am excited to talk a little bit about One Moment by Kristina McBride. I borrowed this ebook from the library. I was drawn into the story right away, and I stayed up most of the night to finish it. It was one of those that you know what is about to occur right in the beginning, but as you keep reading you just can't help hoping that by some miracle you will be wrong. And then when it finally happens, you are in shock just like the characters. Yep, that's this book. It started off with such a tragic event. And then amidst the grieving even more comes into play. Lies, and deceiving, and secrets. The story didn't have many surprises. You know what is coming, but there is an anticipation for what you know is coming, and you are wishing you could stop it from happening, or change the outcome. This is a story of the grieving process, and what you thought you knew being shattered, and having to deal with with the process of healing inspite of the heartbreak. This is a sad story that ends with a touch of happiness. If you want something happy, do not read this book. But I love this kind of book. I loved the characters, even the ones that were caught lying. I highly recommend to those that enjoy a story of love, heartbreak, and a hard road to recovery.
Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment