Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday Teaser and Angel Evolution

I started reading Entice by Jessica Shirvington last night, and am so mad at myself for waiting so long to read it. This is book 2 in her Embrace series. I am LOVING it! So here is a teaser:

"He was making sure I wouldn't go all schoolgirl on him--because in the end, we still couldn't be together. But just the idea of having a moment of closeness with him--even if only for medicinal purposes--was too tempting to deny." pg 29 on Nook

Mmm...sounds good! Check it out on Goodreads









________________________________________________________

I also finished reading Angel Evolution by the great David Estes. He is a Goodreads author, and one of the kindest people I know on there. He also has published The Dwellers Series, and has a new series started called The Country Saga, which I am excited to start reading. I read The Moon Dwellers and loved it, so I went back to the beginning to his first book. Though I did not love it as much as The Moon Dwellers, it was still entertaining, and worth finishing.

When I first started this book I thought it was going to turn into a love triangle, but surprisingly it didn't. I think I would have enjoyed a little triangle fighting, but it was good without it. Taylor is a human that is just starting college, when she meets Gabriel, who happens to be a man with wings, or an angel. Not a heavenly angel. He is there to trick her to be on his side in a big angel/demon war. But then he starts to fall for her, which wasn't his plan, and is having a few second thoughts about what to do. But not enough second thoughts to make me like him. I kind of liked him at the end, but I will have to see in the sequels.

Taylor kept saying she had a second sense that warned her of danger, but I didn't think she really paid attention to it. She bothered me. She made a few choices in the end to be strong on her own, but that is also yet to be determined.

And there was also Chris. He is the one I thought would top off the triangle, but didn't. He is a demon. And he is the group that Gabriel has been trying to convince Taylor needs to be destroyed. But he has his own reasons of being there and trying to befriend Taylor. And he is also dating Taylor's roommate, Sam.

All is not as it seems, and everyone must decide who they will follow, who is lying, and who they will stand up against. I thought this was an interesting beginning to a series, and it will be interesting to find out where David takes it.


Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
How I got it: Purchased from Barnes & Noble for Nook
My Rating: 3 stars

You can find out more about David Estes and his books on Goodreads

You can purchase Angel Evolution at:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble





No comments:

Post a Comment